Today is my friend Hillary Dodson’s birthday. Therefore, my thankfuls will be dedicated to her.
In case you didn’t know, there is a page on our blog dedicated to Hillary, as she is an incredible musician (soon to be musical prodigy) and amazing person. Please check it out (along with her Facebook page ((search Hillary Dodson Music)) and YouTube channel) so you can be thankful for her, too!
1) Once upon a time, I met a red headed, short girl when I came into her room and stood on a chair, looking for her roommate. She didn’t really talk to me, but that’s okay, because now she is one of my best friends and she talks to me every day. Thank you, God, for making a Hillary Dodson!
2) Sometimes, you just need someone who will listen to you break down and word-vomit profusely on everything, without fear of judgement. Hillary, thank you for always being that person, and for never begrudging all of us word-vomiters for vomiting on you.
3) I am insanely thankful to have a friend whose brain flows in the same creative vein of ideas, thoughts and stories. It feels like sometimes we share a brain when it comes to writing and allowing plot lines and characters to shape themselves–which is the BEST!
4) I am so thankful for the fact that I don’t ever have to question that no matter what, you will be my loyal friend for life. It’s just part of your character and who you are, and it’s really beautiful.
5) And LAST, but never least, I am thankful for the impact you have had on my life: for the times of prayer and counsel you have given me, for the times when we literally hang out just to make soup, for when you listen without the expectation of anything in return, for your thoughtfulness, compassion and willingness to open up and share yourself with me in friendship. Thank you, Hillary, for just being my friend!